Wednesday, 1 March 2017

My Goals for Lent 2017

Today is the first day of Lent and while I have no issues with discussing my reasons etc. as to why I take part in Lent, this post is going to discuss my goals for Lent and what I hope to achieve :)

So, Lent this year is from Wednesday 1st March to Thursday 13th April and I'm really looking forward to it.

I have decided to give up having takeaways
insert hysterically crying emoji here 😭😂
I must admit that I partake of takeaways faaaar too regularly, seriously, it's a problem.
Last year I gave up takeaways, and managed to stick to it which was quite an achievement to me :')
One of the things I noticed most was the money I saved(!!)
I remember picking up makeup bits that I desperately wanted and it felt amazing.
I cooked way more and my veg intake was insane
way to go me, let's have a sprig of broccoli to celebrate :D

Something else that I am taking up for Lent is going out everyday.
In all honesty I think that I will struggle way more with this.
Due to my mental health, going out is difficult for me.
My anxiety is raised when I'm out of my 'bubble', my contamination OCD steps into high gear and my mood dictates what I do (or don't do) with my day which often gets in the way of being social and going outside.
I feel as though pushing myself to get out everyday will have a positive effect on me (at least I hope it will).
So what am I hoping to achieve?
By setting myself these goals I am hoping to start the journey to a healthier lifestyle, actually enjoy going out (which will hopefully help towards my mental health ie. Anxiety), lose a bit of weight and by spending more time alone, encourage self love and an improved relationship with myself.


As Lent is a focused 6 week time frame, I have set myself some Blog/YouTube goals too:

I'd like to post at least two video's and two blog posts in this time.
And I would like to buy the Two Faced Chocolate Bar Palette, Create my own Iconic palette and buy the LA Girl concealer.

Lent has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember and I look at it as a time to better myself.
I'm hoping to improve myself in this time and learn from the experiences I gain :)

I'll keep you posted ;)
|        Instagram        |        Twitter        |        Facebook        |        Youtube        |        Pinterest        |        Bloglovin        |      

If you enjoyed this post, you may like this one : THE BREAKUP

No comments:

Post a Comment